Friday, February 8, 2008

Always learning the hard way . . .


This last month has been a crazy time. Mia has been sick, Troy and I have been to the ER more than once, and I've just had surgery. When things like this happen, I always think about what God is trying to tell us through it all. I have been ignoring God for quite some time when he has told me to get outside in the sunshine and go for a walk, or when I feel him pushing me to fill my body with more healthy food. Troy and I both had not been making time to read our Bibles or pray regularly. We were just getting caught up in the day to day stuff and feeling overwhelmed. Had we taken the time to sit down and pray, perhaps things would have fallen into place better, but God couldn't seem to get our attention. So, God did what He is best at . . . He made us slow down and listen by giving us events that were out of our control. We were forced to take a look at what we had been ignoring and it has already changed us. It seems that I always have to learn the hard way, but God never fails to teach me. I am so thankful for the time I have with Troy and Mia now and I treasure each day that we are healthy, because I realize how quickly things can change.

1 comment:

Dorina Gilmore said...

I know you guys have had it rough for a few weeks now. I admire the way you've pushed to learn and see the good in what God is teaching you. I feel like I always have to learn the hard way...