Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Slow Down!


Mia is growing up way too fast. Just this week she began to sit up on her own, eat solid food (rice cereal) and said "dada". That's a lot and the week has just begun. I'm glad that I've been able to enjoy every moment with her and have not had to go back to work.

I'm still learning how to be a "stay at home mom" though. My mom wasn't exactly the type to clean the house and bake cookies. She worked through most of my childhood. Getting into a rhythm has taken longer than I thought, but I'm definitely getting closer.

I've been cooking more meals at home and taking the time to clean up each day instead of waiting until the weekend the way I would have when I was working. Laundry is getting done little by little instead of all at once and the bed is made more often than it is not. Our house isn't perfect, but everything is beginning to find its "home" in closets and drawers now that we've been in this house for a year and I'm starting to feel a little less overwhelmed by the daily clutter.

I'm still on the hunt for the perfect combination of "outside" work to supplement Troy's income so that I can stay home and we can stay in our house. The house is another situation entirely. We like it, but don't love it, but want to stay, but will move if we have to . . . it's just complicated. We've got some things to think about anyway.

No comments: