Friday, October 31, 2008

A Lobster Tail

Here's our little lobster all ready for some fun tonight. She loves her costume, especially the claws. She keeps looking at them and laughing!
What a fun time we had for Halloween! Petunia's Place put on a very cute storytime. I just love the lady who reads for the storytime. She does a great job keeping all of the kids engaged. Some people are just natural teachers. Mia loved eating a cookie out by the fountain afterward. I loved looking at all of the one year olds in their Halloween costumes dangling their feet over the side of the fountain.
After storytime, we had our picture taken at Walgreens for free. We hung out for quite some time in that store waiting to take the picture and then waiting for it to be printed. Although the quality of the picture was not "professional", I can say it was worth the wait because the Mommies finally got to all be in a picture together!
While Mia was napping, I spent time working on Troy's costume, carving pumpkins (since we totally forgot last night!), and then threw my costume together. I think everything turned out great.
At the Pumpkin Patch, lots of people laughed at our costumes, so I think that counts as a success. Since we've never been to the Pumpkin Patch at church, we didn't know what to expect. There were a lot of games that Mia couldn't play because she was too little, but she didn't need much to have fun. We found a game where she could pull the rubber ducks out of the water and another one where she could dig in the sand. She thought it was fun when the game was over and the workers would let her choose candy from the buckets. She didn't know that the candy was something to eat. I'm sure she just liked the shiny wrappers. My favorite moment was when one of the workers had already given her two pieces of candy, one for each hand, and then offered her a third. She thought for a moment, and then put one piece of candy on the floor so she could take the third piece. It's fun to see how she problem solves.
One of my favorite costumes was Brandy's daughter who was dressed as a laundry basket. Very clever! We also ran into a weiner dog dressed as a lobster, a monkey and a banana, an Autumn fairy, a mad scientist, and my favorite, Sarah Palin herself. I even managed to get a picture with the Vice Presidential candidate and her secret service agent!
We trick or treated Matt and Heather's house and then Stefanie and James' house. Mia was falling alseep on the way to Stefanie's house, but once we were there, she warmed up quickly. I really enjoyed spending time with them, as well as Tinker Bell and the dog. Mia loves going to Auntie Stefanie's house because there's lots of room to run around and Auntie Stefanie always makes her laugh.
I'll post more pictures later. I need to be more diligent about burning photos to DVD so that I have space on the drive for new pictures. Good thing I have a 4GB photo card! I still have space for 600 pictures on the camera!

4 comments:

Jody Lynn said...

Mia is the cutest lobster I've ever seen!!! :)

Dorina Gilmore said...

Sounds like a fun night! Sorry we didn't cross paths with the Little Lobster...Meilani aka Larry the Cucumber would have loved to greet her.

Orangette said...

Thanks for leaving me a message on my blog! I know that people I don't actually know read my blog, but it's so nice when I hear from one of them! You're little girl is so cute! Especially in her little lobster outfit. And I've added you to my blog list - I'm always looking for new blogs to read. Especially know that I'm not sleeping well - one of those great perks of the third trimester.

Feel free to comment anytime!

STEPHANIE said...

hi alison! i wanted to make sure i left you a comment and that i wasn't an anonymous reader. i love reading your blog and looking at the beautiful pictures of your little girl and your family. she sure was the cutest lobster i saw that night.