Tuesday, October 7, 2008

My 30th Birthday continued . . .

I will have to post pictures from my 30th later since I cannot download them to my computer. I only have 1 GB of space on my 120GB drive which says something about how many pictures I take.

My 30th birthday was perfect. Not only did Troy bring me flowers in front of 63 women at MOPS, but I got to spend time with everyone who is important to me. My mom, Jim and Paul, took me out to the Cheesecake Factory for dinner and we had a blast. I love any event that involves Uncle Paul because Mia is so entertained by him that I don't ever have to worry about her. I got to eat my entire dinner without interruption! Of course I ordered the most chocolaty cheesecake dessert that they offer, which was too rich even for me.

The next weekend was Clovis Fest and we took Mia to go see the balloons. She loved them and even clapped and danced when they took off. Later, we walked around the craft booths and then had lunch at Applebee's. After a long but friendly political debate between Jaime and I, with Nancy as mediator, we got ready for Roger Rocka's to see The Producers. Totally raunchy, but fun. It was nice to get out and have some time to talk and relax with my girlfriends. Paula ratted me out to the announcer and they announced that it was my 30th birthday and put the spotlight on me. Totally embarrassing and fun!

The next morning, we got up early (after being up late) to run the Cross City race. It was a perfect morning. Jaime and Chris took off fast and everyone else wanted to walk, so I ran the 2 miles by myself, but I didn't mind because it felt good. My favorite part was running without a jogging stroller (since Troy had Mia). I haven't been able to do that in a long time, and it felt very freeing.

After the race, we went to the Fresno Breakfast House. I LOVE their omelets! I've never gotten one there that wasn't perfect. The restaurant itself is kind of an odd mix of tex-mex decor and old lady floral wallpaper, but their food is always good. Karen was so thoughtful to bring "3" and "0" candles for my omelet.

That's about it. And, yes, I do feel thirty. It's strange that a number can really change how you feel. When I was little, I thought that 25 was old. When I was 25, I still felt like a kid in some ways. But 30 is different. I feel like a grown up now for sure, no doubt about it. Not old, or worn out, but grown up. I don't mind it, but it is different.

1 comment:

Dorina Gilmore said...

Sounds like a fabulous birthday. I'm glad I got to participate in part of it!

I see you found "Cutest Blogs on the Block." Don't they have the coolest blog wallpaper?

Dorina