Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Thoughts for Today

Does anyone else blog in their head and never actually get down to writing it? Am I the only one who writes blogs in my mind all day long, but never sits down to complete them? I'm sure I could have documented so many of Mia's milestones in the last month. There are so many cute things she's done that I think I'll always remember, but many I've already forgotten.

For the last month we've encouraged Mia to walk, but she had only taken about 4 or 5 steps at a time. Then she would grab onto something or just sit down and crawl because that's easier and faster.

The last few days, Mia has decided that walking really is the way to go. She has been doing laps around the kitchen, the kitchen table, and the coffee table. She loves to just keep going! I love the way she holds her hands up in the air for balance. She has kind of a crooked walk with a slight lean to the right. After all our trips to Valley Children's Hospital this month, I've been assured that her hips are completely normal, so we'll just attribute her crooked walk to inexperience and assume she'll "grow out of it".

I enjoy talking with Mia even though she can't talk. She really does communicate well. She loves to say "yes" by nodding her head and her entire body with it. She shakes both hands violently if I try to give her food she doesn't want or like. My favorite thing of all is when I ask her if she wants to cuddle and she scoots in near to me and lays her head down on my arm with her "thumby" in her mouth and her left hand gripping her shirt. She really does love to cuddle. She even cuddles her animals and rocks and pats them.

Mia loves trucks. She waves at the garbage truck every Wednesday and points every time she sees a truck when we're driving in the car. She even has a baby board book about trucks.

The time this last year has really flown by. I'm amazed with what Mia can understand already. I don't think I could even list all the words that she understands because there are so many! It's fun to watch her learn and to see how excited she gets about new things. Today, Mia was pointing at the symbol on Troy's shirt, so he taught her the word "logo". Now if you ask her where the logo is on a shirt, she'll point to it. Leave it to Troy to teach Mia about advertising!

1 comment:

Jody Lynn said...

I'm right there with you. I haven't blogged all week and my family is wondering what's wrong with me - hahaha :) No time this week!

How exciting that Mia is finally walking on her own! You'll have to post a video of her soon :)